MUNDIAL SMARTKNIVES PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Protecting Your Privacy
We use data from you to help make our service better and more convenient for you. One benefit is that you will not have to enter your payment information every time you complete an order. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a top priority for Mundial Smartknives, LLC. By using Mundial Smartknives, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy and Security Notice.
How we secure your information
Data encryption in transit and at rest
The SmartKnives system encrypts data in transit, through the TLS certificate, which enables the use of HTTPS (secure HTTP protocol). In this way, all data that is sent from the client to the system and from the system to the client, is encrypted, including authentication data. This means that messages can only be read by your browser and the Mundial Smartknives server.
Network Protection and Compliance
The Mundial Smartknives Platform is hosted at Amazon Web Services (AWS), the largest Cloud Service Provider in the world. For more information about AWS’s infrastructure security, please visit https://docs.aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/latest/aws-overview/security-and-compliance.html.
The IT infrastructure that AWS provides to its customers is designed and managed in alignment with the best security practices and a variety of IT security standards. The following is a partial list of assurance programs with which AWS complies:
SOC 1/ISAE 3402, SOC 2, SOC 3
FISMA, DIACAP, and FedRAMP
PCI DSS Level 1
ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018
The Mundial Smartknives Platform also uses AWS load balancer services with recommended security group configurations to control incoming and outgoing data traffic on the servers.
Our computers and servers include security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Keep your antivirus software up to date and scan your system regularly.
No online system or transmission is completely secure. We recommend you take precautions to guard your personal information, such as by using different passwords for different websites and changing them frequently.
How we use your information
What personal information does Mundial Smartknives collect?
We collect information such as your email address, business addresses, phone number and credit card and/or bank account information. We also collect administrative information, such as the user name and password you use on our site, identification information regarding the system from which you access our site, including the IP address. Note: Your IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer which identifies you while on the worldwide web. When you use our site, our servers log your IP address.
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about your orders, products and services, and, from time to time, our promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Mundial Smartknives Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our services via different channels.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
We collect and store information about your use of Mundial Smartknives services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through our sites. We also collect information which does not identify you such as your browser, device and operating system information, mobile application usage data, aggregated information such as “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for the Online Services (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics for our Online Services including page views, and impressions; and all information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
“Cookies” are small bits of data that we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies themselves contain no personal information. They are used to allow our site to “remember” you, provide data of your preferences, track your use of our Online Services, provide you with advertising and promotions most suited to your needs, and improve your experience on our website. Generally, a Cookie will contain the name where it came from, its expiration information and a randomly generated unique number. However, Cookies may be linked to your personal information. Your Web browser settings may allow you to control and/or delete Cookies. We recommend you review your browser settings and manage them to your preferences.
Cookies and other technologies are also used in the management of our online advertising program. We and our agents (including advertising partners) recognize the unique Cookie placed on your browser, which helps us determine which of our advertisements brought you to our website. We and our agents may use these technologies and information to measure the effectiveness of our marketing programs and to target advertising to those most likely to be interested in particular promotions.
You may visit your account in our Online Services website to manage and correct any inaccuracies in the information we have about you.
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next order correctly.
Does Mundial Smartknives share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We do not sell our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Mundial Smartknives: we release account and other personal information when we believe it appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply the terms of your Service Agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Mundial Smartknives, our users, or other third parties. This use includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to elect not to share the information.
Need more information?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Amazon Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.